Why does my skin feel prickly and inflamed?

For the past 2-3 days the skin under my right butt cheek, around where the panty line goes, has been feeling weird. It's not so much as itchy as it's prickly. The skin feels inflamed but there's not any redness or rash.  I've tried wearing loose clothes and going without underwear in case it was heat rash, but it hasn't helped at all. If anything, the feeling is getting worse.  Sometimes it kind of goes down the back of my thigh.  I don't think it's from an allergy because the feeling is only on one leg and there's zero redness or rash.  I shaved my bikini line last week and had some razor burn, but it went away normally and this feeling is not in the location I shaved.  It's also worse at night when I'm trying to go to sleep.  Any ideas as to what it could be?
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but this swelling can be due to friction rub or chaffing. Chafing is a continuous rubbing of the skin that causes redness or soreness.

Chafing occurs when the skin becomes irritated by the friction caused by rubbing – either against other skin or against a foreign material. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
I do not believe chafing is the cause of my problem.  I have experienced chafing before, and this is nothing like it.  There is no redness, no rash, and no swelling.  The skin is merely warm to the touch.  I have not worn or done anything that would cause chafing.  I believe it's a nerve problem or restless leg syndrome.  It's worse at night and is completely gone in the morning.  I've noticed that putting pressure on my tailbone makes it worse.  It's not a friction problem.

Thank you for your response though.
For such sensations, parasthesia should be ruled out. Parasthesias are common in alcoholics and metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidismThey can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, nerve irritation, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms are gone or not.

In case the symptoms persist then get it evaluated from a doctor. Nerve compression needs to be ruled out for which a nerve conduction velocity test can be done.

i am experiencing the same thing, have you learned anything new on this subject. the only thing ive done new is take whey proteins and began jogging more.