Why does my son keep getting this rash?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Why does my son keep getting this rash?

My son keeps getting this rash every so often. You can hardly see it, it's skin colored, in some spots he would get little red spots but mainly it's skin colored raised bumps. I took him to the doctors the first time he had it and the doctor called it Scarletina, not sure of the spelling. So she gave him antibiotics and it eventually went away. He has never had a cold or a fever or anything with this rash, except he would say it itches at times. The throat swab came back negative. So he got the rash a month or two later and explained to the doctor it was the same rash. No fever nothing. She said it could be caused from a virus and there is nothing they can do about it. Just mosturize his skin and she told me to bath him in kerioil every once in a while. Well he still seems to be getting the rash every once in a while and he would say it itches every once in a while. I am frustrated that no one can figure out what it is. So I figured i'd come on here and maybe someone would know something.
Oh, he get's it all over his face and his body except for his butt and private area. I don't think he get's it on his feet either. Thank you.