Why is my skin so dry?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Why is my skin so dry?

6625253?1297121498
My skin is extremely dry. I can feel every facial expression I make on my face  (smile, laugh, talk).  My skin used to be oily and now it has shifted. I am only 26 and this has been happening for almost 2 years now.  It was getting better and then I got a Vi peel (chemical peel) a month ago and the problem has intensified a hundred fold. My skin peeled and looked awesome and moist and then it just shifted all of a sudden to feeling extremely tight, dry, and flaky all over no matter what I do.  I wash and moisturize with CeraVe and that is still drying. What could this be and what should I do? I can't wear makeup or anything because the skin is so flaky you can see the makeup attached to flakes...  The picture i added is me post-peel.  You can see my skin peeling off in chunks.
It can be due to dry skin, eczema or seborrheic dermatitis. The mainstay of management is liberal use of moisturizers after washing with luke warm water. Soap should be used minimally. Moisturizers should be reapplied liberally during the day. You can also use a topical cortisone (steroid) cream or ointment like dermacort(hydrocortisone).

If still the symptoms persist then possibility of eczema or atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, ichthyosis (fish scale-like skin) or seborrheic dermatitis is there. Please consult a dermatologist for clinical examination.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Try taking BioSil (a bioavailable form of silicon). This helped my daughter's dry skin greatly. Everyone in our family takes this supplement. It is also good for hair, nails, bones, etc.