Dermatology Community
Why is my urethra opening stinging?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Why is my urethra opening stinging?

First I am a 35 year old male. I have not had intercourse in well over 4 months and the same goes for oral sex. I do however masturbate quite frequently for an hour or two sometimes, with lubrication. When I am sitting around the house for a couple of days I usually don't shower so I am sure my hands are full of bacteria. I am not an unclean person mind you, just am lazy sometimes when I know I don't have to be anywhere.

In any case, the past few weeks I haven't been drinking water just juice and soda. I guess because I am not thinking about it. And in the beginning of the week I was working on a project and basically held my bladder for like 7 hours, the feeling of having to go subsided, I didn't want to interrupt what I was doing. A day later I noticed a stinging sensation in the opening of my urethra and looking into it I could see a small build up of an off white substance. I urinated and it stung a little. I can't go to my doctor until monday. I haven't been dripping or anything like that but now I am extremely conscious of it and since drinking alot of water since yesterday the stinging has subsided a little but I don't know what's going on. What is this and why? What would be the cause. I am sure it isn't an std because I haven't had sex with anyone only masturbation. And I don't think that's the cause. Please help!

ugh

This discussion is related to redness around urethra opening.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1024143_tn?1325465821
umm well it might be a urinary track infection i know guys can get those to and it burns when u pee so i mean u can't really do anything about it until ur appointment but if it gets really bad i would suggest going to the ER because if it is a UTI that can spread to ur kidneys and u can get really sick from it
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
The symptoms are suggestive of urinary tract infection. Abstain from masturbation for a few days, take plenty of fluids and take some OTC analgesics like ibuprofen or diclofenac. Also take pyridium for 2-3 days(it stains the urine orange) and sit in warm non soapy water. Also consult a doctor for antibiotics prescription if the symptoms persist.

If the symptoms persist then urethritis has to be ruled out. You need a complete physical examination and investigations like complete urine examination, urine culture, swab specimen from the genitalia and ultrasound lower abdomen to find out the cause. Please consult a urologist for that.

Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...