Why is my vagina red?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Why is my vagina red?

Hi guys.
My vagina is somehow red when I wash it everyday. It is not itchy, not painful and it does not have anything growing on or around it. And I never had sex before. Please help me!
If you know of any solutions to my problem, do feel free to comment too!
Thank you!
These symptoms can be due to contact dermatitis or vaginitis which is an infection of vagina. First of all it can be due to allergic reaction or contact dermatitis to your undergarments, sanitary napkins or tampons, soaps etc. There is no change in the colour or smell of discharge in this case.
You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.
If the symptoms persist then get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.