Dermatology Expert Forum
Why is the external area around my penile urethral opening red and sore...
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Why is the external area around my penile urethral opening red and sore?

For the past 3 months, the external area around my penile urethral opening has looked slightly swollen and red. It is slightly painful and raw and it becomes more painful during an erection. I am 100% STD free so that is not the cause. I have shown this to many doctors and a urologist. The general consensus is that it is just an irritation. Although i do have a clear discharge from time to time. The doctors that i have shown suggest that the discharge could be prostate fluid. I have not altered my bathing routines so i dont think its simple soap irritation. I dont think its fungal related as i have used antifungal creams like Hydrozole. And i dont think its bacterial as i have taken antibiotics like keflex (two courses 500mg and doxycycline two courses 50mg and 100mg). I have tried just leaving it alone which did nothing and I have tried rubbing "lucas paw paw ointment", a natural perfume free substance on it. That seemed to do nothing also. I went to the doctors again today and he gave me some pervaryl cream. I am sceptical that it will help as it is just another anti fungal cream. Any suggestions as to what it is and what can clear it up?
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Everything you've written suggests to me that there is nothing wrong with you at all.  I advise you to ignore the swelling you see, since it doesn't mean anything, and not to treat it with anything.  

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
3 Comments
Blank
Ok i will certainly do my best to ignore it. I do understand the power of anxiety in situations like this. Final question, I have been told i am STD free by my Doctor. I have had three lots of tests over the past 3 months since i have begun feeling these symptoms. All tests have shown negative. My worry is that when i went to collect the herpes blood result, it wasnt ready. The doctor rang pathology and they said the test was inconclusive/equivicol and that they were not happy to release it. They said they would re-run the test the next day. The result came back negative the next day. My doc said it was more then likely a testing error and not to worry. At that point it had been just over 11.5 weeks since i begun to feel my symptoms. I know 12-16wks is the ultimate testing time for herpes. Maybe the antibodies were just beginning to show up in that first test. What are your thoughts on this?
Blank
A related discussion, red raw on head of penis was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker