Wierd Red Spot That Turrns White Permanently
About a month ago an red spot appeared on my bicep. The spot was not raised, did not itch and was not thre result of some cut. It did however have a wierd glistening quality. Almost flakey. Since there was no discomfort I just let it run its course. Once healed it left a dislcolored spot lighter than my own skin tone.

Last week, while at the gym, I noticed a simalarly shaped red spot on inside part of my left arm where the elbow bends and near a vain. Although it didn't itch I scratched it and what resulted freaked me out. The small spot turned purple, like a hickey, and smaller purple spots appeared along the path that I scratched. I left it alone and once I finished my workout the scratched area disapeared but the red spot was still a tad purple. The spot is stlll on my arm but it doesn't get agitated when scratched. Based on the symmetry (about the size of a eraser on a pencil) and the fact that it's only one spot, I think it might be simmilar to the sother spot I had a few months ago.

I have a very mild case of alopecia and four other simmilarly shaped white spot on my arms form about a year or two ago. I don't know remember how I got them but the symmetry is simmilar to my new spots.

Can anyone tell me what I'm looking at here?

Thank you.
Thank you in advance.
Without examination, confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be pityriasis rosea.
Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching.

No treatment is usually required. In most patients, the condition lasts only a matter of weeks or months(upto six months)

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.Other possibilities of fungal infection and discoid eczema have to be ruled out then.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Warm regards.