Wierd Uneplained Scratches

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Wierd Uneplained Scratches

For the past few months I have been getting wierd, unexplained scratches on my upper torso (my sholders, neck and chest just above my breasts). I am 21, I have no pets, dont scratch much (well at least not in these areas),  I have no medical history for any disorder except asthmaand PCOS, its not scabies or any misquito, tick or worm, and only happens during the day when I am awake. The scratches usually come up in threes but some times one or two about 2 inches long, which then turns into a welt (like after a cat scratches you and the sides of the scratch flair up), the scratches are only there for a few days and then just vanish occasionally after a couple of hours. I litterally do nothing that could even remotly cause the scratches (i use my hands all day or am on my computer). My doctor has no idea what they could be (mind you my doctor i honestly wonder how he is able to practice). Can anyone help me.
Tags: wierd, scratch, help, Neck, help me, unexplained
Such a rash that is itchy and which appears and disappears is due to urticarial patch. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
This is not a new paranormal condition, but it seems to be spreading.  We just started getting them this year, some while awake, some while sleeping.  while awake, you can usually feel the burn before they  appear.  Sometimes you can literally watch them appear!.  Very creepy...Until it starts happening to more derms, we won't find an answer, if there is one....
There are paranormal investigators that will come check out your home for free.   You can find one in your area online.    
yeah..me too?? I woke up this morning with a 3 inch vertical scratch from my right eyebrow to my hair line..looks like a frikin  frankenstien scar..and a few months ago I noticed an unexplained scar from my lip corner to my ear lobe
mind you i do shave with a straight razor.but no way I would have remember such a cut.WTF..im wondering if I banged my head in my sleep or maybe scratchd a bedbug. But it's too weird
This is very strange indeed.  I noticed the same type of scratch on my forehead when I was washing my face.  It didn't hurt, I just couldn't remember how I got it.  I didn't think much of it initially, just that I thought I scratched myself somehow.   The next day however, my oldest son was complaining that his forehead hurt.  I took a look, and he had the same type of scratch.  Still, didn't put the two together.  He is very active, and is always getting into something playing with his friends.  Then, the third night before bed, my youngest son was complaining that his forehead hurt.  Whoa!  Again, the same type of scratch!  We have never had allergies, and nothing has changed in our normal routine.  What is going on?  Here are some pictures of the scratches.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21621264@N00/8427905901/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21621264@N00/8428998398/in/photostream/

I have also been getting unexplained scratches. I cannot surf the web because of all the pop- ups on my computer. Is there a way to communicate directly via email? Is anyone willing to do this. I don't think the doctors know what we are talking about.
About two weeks ago, i found two round (looks like cigarette burns- don't smoke, nor does anyone in my home) sores on the back of my left calf. They are healing but still...what the heck?
Then about five days I woke up with a two inch scratch, straight down my right cheek, I thought I did it in my sleep. Next day there was a scratch on my right forearm and so i clipped and filed my relatively short nails waaaay down and woke up this morning with a horizontal scratch on my chin! took a shower later and found a loooong scratch down the front of my right shin! This is freaking me out!
I woke up the other morning with scratch marks all over my back and stomach, as the day went on I noticed more coming out on my arms and legs so I know it wasn't caused by me due to I wasn't scratching myself.  It's freaking me out. I also have these blister like bumps on my hands and my hands are swollen.  I went to the dr and said it looked like I scratched myself which I told him I didn't.  He just said I'm having an allergic reaction to something and gave me prednisone.  I will see how it goes.