Dermatology Expert Forum
Wierd acne on penis.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Wierd acne on penis.

Well it seems like everytime i have sex, without a condom i get a single zit on the side of my penis.  I think it's a zit i don't know.  Usually i take a shower and wash down there with dial soap, but this time i just rinsed off with water.  Then when i woke up the next morning there was the zit.  It's been there for 3 days.  It's not painful at all and doesn't seem to me oozing or anything.

I got in the shower  today and tried to pop it.  Well i didn't have much luck.  It didn't pop, but it did start to bleed around the area of the zit for a little while.  I'm not sure what is goin on.  I have no symptoms of STDs, like herpes. I'm not suffering from cold like symptoms.  There's only one spot.  No pain or anything.  What can i do to get rid of this?  Should i let it go or what?  It's not the zit that bothers me.  It just looks like i have an STD, and i don't want to freak anyone else out.
I have to assume that it's juts a clogged pore and that sex makes it more visible.  Popping it will make it last longer, so best not to.  I suggest applying bacitracin or neosporin ointment once daily.  Have a doctor check it out if it persists, and if it's no problem--I;m sure it will be no problem--just tell prospective partners that that's the case.  They always go away of left alone.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Should I still apply bacitracin while its red and irritated looking? Or should I wait a while?
Bacitracin is OK.

Dr. Rockoff
I've been looking at many pictures of herpes.  I dont have a cluster of little blisters.  Just one pimple like thing on the left side, and an even smaller one on the right towards the base of my penis.  The one on the left which was in question is now looking like it's healing and turning more of a pink color...amost a flesh color...just a little more pink right now.  Is this normal?
I'm a sexually active male who has gotten acne on his penis before. However, recently i have acquired something that could be a clogged pore but is more painful and has a black head. Could I solve my problem by using bacitracin?
i have a a little lump on my lip it is painless but it is going up and down like it has its own heart beat or something? What should i do and what do you think it is. Thank you.
A related discussion, pimples on my penis was started.
A related discussion, Penis Acne? was started.