Will Acne become as bad after Accutane?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Will Acne become as bad after Accutane?

Hi, my name is Chris and about 7 months ago my acne was terrible.
I'm 15 years old, everybody was insulting me and staring at me as if I was some kind of troll.
Finally after years of suffering we went to the dermatologist and he immediately prescribed us with some accutane. The results were great, after 5 months I had pretty much perfect skin and I am about to finish my sixth month and yeah I'm pretty much clear. Although this week I have been getting a few small break outs, which I don't really mind too much about -- If I get one or two but will my acne become as bad as it was before?
Could I hear anyones experience on accutane? Honestly it felt so great just not to worry about spots but I just hope it doesn't become a burden on me like it was 7 months ago, It's also kind of annoying that I am breaking out whilst on the treatment on the sixth month. My dermatologist said 6 months was enough and it got bad again we should go back to him...

This discussion is related to Anything after ACCUTANE???.
It is true that worsening of acne may occur after starting Accutane. You may need another course of accutane but it is usually after 8 weeks of stooping the Accutane therapy during which acne may heal even if Accutane is stopped.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.