Will Penis Scar Fade Eventually?
A couple years ago, after a particularly rough incident on my penis, I noticed that the skin had broken in a small circlular area in the middle of the shaft, on top.

After it healed (FWIW I used neosporin) and I guess the scab fell off, a scar appeared in the form of a lighter skin tone where the circular break had occured.

The rest of my shaft is some-what dark, so this spot-scar stands out TO ME, and is inappropriately but frequently bothersome.

Well I just want to know if this lighter circle will ever fade back to my normal skin tone? I've been using Mederma for about a year now, and before that I tried various essential oils known to help with scars. None have worked, noticably at least.

Is there ANYTHING to help with this specific kind of scar? Creams, oils, ointments, surgeries, time?
The scars that you are describing are of post inflammatory hypopigmentation.Unfortunately,for such kind of scars ,laser treatment is the only successful method availble.Otherwise it is advisable to leave the skin as such and expose it to sunlight sometimes.
I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Thanks for the reply, kindd. Are you sure laser treatment is the only method for this? ...no creams or anything...?  I'm curious because I recently had pulsed dye laser treatment on my face, and it leaves an initial scab - Do you know what specific laser would be used for post inflammatory hypopigmentation scar on a penis? ..I would be concerned about post-surgical erections :O !

I just want to know as much as I can before considering whether or not to embarrassingly set up an appointment with my derm.

PS, I would try the sun exposure thing, but if there's a laser treatment that can actually heal/get rid of this without complications I'd probably opt it first...I'm not sure if or how long it would actually take for any fading to take place from about 5-10 minute exposures a day?