Will my Doctor Remove a cyst in one visit?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have a Sebacious Cyst on my chest that has been there for 3 years. It hasn't grown but it is hard and has a reddish color. I hate how it looks. I am going to the doctor Monday to have him look at it. Do you think he will remove it that day? Will he most likely cut it out, prescribe antibiotics or maybe do a cortizone shot right into it? I made an appointment for this Monday, what can I expect to happen?
Usually treatment of sebaceous cysts requires surgical excision.It can be by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision.

The choice of treatment depends on the severity,size,site and the choice of the patient.So you can discuss these options with your dermatologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

Among the treatment options, the only way to guarantee the cyst will not come back is to completely remove it. This is usually done in an out-patient procedure, where the doctor/surgeon will cut a crescent-shaped incision to try and remove the cyst without rupturing it. Other methods (in which the cyst may or may not return) include draining the cyst using a needle, and prescription medication to treat an infected cyst and reduce the size/noticeability. Another thing you can do on your own is to apply a heat-pack to the cyst daily. This will soften the contents and make it so that your body can slowly reabsorb the fluids inside the cyst, thought it will not be gone100%. Out of curiosity, how did the doctor visit go?