DERMATOLOGY
COMMUNITY
Will my scratched off mole grow back the samee dark brown color?
by jessi1627, Aug 16, 2011
I have a lot of moles about my body, most of them are very dark brown and flat or VERY SLIGHTLY raised from the skin. One begain irritaing me recently and eventually i subconciously scratched it off and kept picking at the scab it formed. At the same time, another mole on the side of my upper torso began to irratate me as well, becoming very sensitive and i also scratched off part of that one. Both have scabs and are healing. My real concern is that ANOTHER mole started irritating me a few days after the first two began, This one is a small dark mole on my face, usuually referred to as a "beauty spot". I squeezed it initially but then remembered the current condition of my other two moles so i decided to leave it alone. Then i woke up to find i had scratched it and there was a circular scab where my mole was. I am very concerned that i scratched my mole off and it will not return the same dark color as before. I dont mean to sound vain and paranoid but I really liked that mole and I need to know that I did not get rid of it.
Member Comments (3)
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, Aug 23, 2011
Scrapped off moles often grow back. But if you are having repeated irritated moles then you should get it examined from a dermatologist. As a thumb rule, whenever you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

by jessi1627, Sep 26, 2011
i thought i had replied to this but I guess it never went through (stupid smartphone)...anyway, just writing back to say thanks for you advice/help and all of my moles hve now grown back to their original size and colour (except one on my arm that is seeming to slowly regain its original colour) so all is well :)
by hey_dubai, Jul 01, 2012
I have around 10-12 small moles seen on my rectum area, above the penis is seen. There are big and small ones. some times its itchy and some times they start dis appearing also. Can you tell me if its of any dangerous kind? I had some relations with women but they are clean women only. It started coming may be 8 months ago.