Dermatology Community
Winter Rash
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Winter Rash

So, I have been getting this rash every winter, and doctors have done many different exams on me, but nobody seems to tell me exactly what is wrong with me.

I have very delicate skin to begin with, so everything I use year round is hypoallergenic, from soap, to detergen, jewlery, make up etc.... everything... my clothes can not have metal, (when I wear jeans I get a rash from the back of the button ... hate it!)
But every winter, I get this horrible rash all over my neck, at first (before I turned to everything hypoallergenic and fragance free) doctors thought it was the soap I was using, the shampoo, stress, milk, seafood, dermographism, etc....
but comes the end of march and suddendly my rash is gone... I usually wear scarves and turtle neck shirts and close my jackets all the way up, but this winter I decided to leave my neck free, to see if that was going to help.... but...NO I got the rash again, it started about a week ago, wsomething that usually helps me is applying hydrocortizone, which i am doing everyday, but the rash does not go away....

Iremember last winter my rash was really bad, then I went on vacation to europe, and I was wearing scarves and hats everyday, but i was ouside most of the time, and all of a sudden the rash went away, then as soon as i got back to the US, my rash came back as well.  It seems to itch more when I am indoors, and specially when it feels really hot.
I am thinking, it is probably the heat, but I am not sure, my husband says I am crazy how can I be sort of allergic to the heat, but it is really the only common denominator .... does anybody else has this or knows what it could be?  It is on my neck so everybody sees it, and I feel terrible...I cant wear a necklace or scarves or nothing to cover it because it gets worse.... but it doesnt go away anyway... every morning is worse, because I think I scratch a lot while sleeping.... Help me please...

I hate it, and I am not sure what to do, I was trying to be extremely caucios this winter,