Wisdom Bumps?
I had developed white bumps on my thighs and one on my back and I asked my doctor what they were.  He stated they were called "Wisdom Bumps" because they show up in later years of life and they do not know what causes them.  Durning sleep, I have scratched several of them off and they have formed scabs and do not seem to heal.  Is there anything I can do to assist them in the healing process?  Has anything new been learned about them in recent years?

AJ349

Do not scratch the lesions.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for the symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.