Worried Stupid

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Worried Stupid

About five weeks ago I had protected sex with a stranger receiving both oral and vaginal sex. It was brief, as I hated the experience and I washed myself thoroughly afterwards.  But when I got home, I felt disgusted by my act and "unclean". I panicked and washed myself with mouthwash and applied some Fucidin to my genitals.

The next morning my genital skin was red and irritated and I noticed that the meatus was getting red. I applied regular hand lotion to calm it but the redness got worse, especially the meatus. The skin around my pee hole got raised on both sides, almost like a raised slightly red halo around it. The rest of my genital skin was irritated and sensitive and red in several places. The skin felt as if it had slight sunburn.

I freaked out about STDs and went to a dermatologist who said its only irritation, prescribed Lotriderm and said it would go away in a week. At that time walking around was hard, so I would also apply aloe gel for soothing.

After the problem persisted, especially the meatus, I went back to the dermatologist. He a swap for bacteria just in case (he said for "normal" bacteria not STD) and told me to apply Cultivate instead.

Well, a week passed and the problem was still there. He referred me to a urologist, who also examined me and told me that he sees no signs of herpes and recommended that I just stay off ointments and gels and let the skin heal, again assuring me that it will be gone in a week.

Well, it has been over 5 wks and my meatus is still raised/irritated. The rest of my genitals is also slightly irritated and sensitive, but is better. I also tend to pee a lot (may be due to scare/stress and all the water I am drinking), however, I notice that I don't clear all the urine in the pipes and try to pat myself dry with a tissue.

How do I make this go away?  I can't focus on anything else for wks now
From your symptoms it does not look like herpes but the possibility of urinary tract infection, urethral syndrome and urethritis should be ruled out. Firstly, urethral syndrome or urethritis has to be ruled out. It is a primarily female syndrome in which women suffer from irritative bladder symptoms (urinary frequency, urgency, burning
, and a hesitant or slowed urinary stream) in the absence of any objective urologic findings.In this the diagnosis can be made only by the proper collections of urine specimens from both the urethra and the bladder. These specimens will reveal the presence of white blood cells in the urethral washings, while the midstream (bladder) specimen will be free of cells.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.