Dermatology Community
Worried Stupid
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Worried Stupid

About five weeks ago I had protected sex with a stranger receiving both oral and vaginal sex. It was brief, as I hated the experience and I washed myself thoroughly afterwards.  But when I got home, I felt disgusted by my act and "unclean". I panicked and washed myself with mouthwash and applied some Fucidin to my genitals.

The next morning my genital skin was red and irritated and I noticed that the meatus was getting red. I applied regular hand lotion to calm it but the redness got worse, especially the meatus. The skin around my pee hole got raised on both sides, almost like a raised slightly red halo around it. The rest of my genital skin was irritated and sensitive and red in several places. The skin felt as if it had slight sunburn.

I freaked out about STDs and went to a dermatologist who said its only irritation, prescribed Lotriderm and said it would go away in a week. At that time walking around was hard, so I would also apply aloe gel for soothing.

After the problem persisted, especially the meatus, I went back to the dermatologist. He a swap for bacteria just in case (he said for "normal" bacteria not STD) and told me to apply Cultivate instead.

Well, a week passed and the problem was still there. He referred me to a urologist, who also examined me and told me that he sees no signs of herpes and recommended that I just stay off ointments and gels and let the skin heal, again assuring me that it will be gone in a week.

Well, it has been over 5 wks and my meatus is still raised/irritated. The rest of my genitals is also slightly irritated and sensitive, but is better. I also tend to pee a lot (may be due to scare/stress and all the water I am drinking), however, I notice that I don't clear all the urine in the pipes and try to pat myself dry with a tissue.

How do I make this go away?  I can't focus on anything else for wks now