Wound Care for Scaped Knee

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Wound Care for Scaped Knee

I badly scraped my knee about 4 days ago, and a scab (about 1" x 1/2") finally formed on Day 2 after much pus and weeping.  I've been reading up on wound care, and most sources suggest that a moist environment is better for healing than allowing the wound to dry out.

Since my scab is already formed and dry, is there anything I can do to reduce the scab and go back to a moist environment?  It seems to get pretty soft in the shower when I clean it, and I've gone back to keeping a band-aid on it full time.  Everything I've read says my scrape will heal faster if the scab hadn't formed.
Scabbing is necessary for wound healing and is a good sign of healing.Just clean the wound with topical antiseptics and allow it to heal on its own.Pls don’t apply any bandaid or dressing but you can apply topical antiseptics like Mupirocin or Bactroban.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.