Wound on glans(glands) healed discolored

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Im 33 years old, a couple of months ago i made a small round wound on the top of my glans (glands) while masturbating, it didnt even bleed, it only removed a layer of skin.
This small wound took ages to heal because i, probably, masturbated every day at that time and that prevented the skin to recover.
When it finally healed, it healed discolored. I thought it would regain the normal color, but after 2 weeks it is still lighter than the rest of the glans (glands).
The skin looks and feels normal, except for the color.
In normal skin, like an arm, i know that a wound that is prevented from healing can leave a white permanent patch.
Is this the same thing?

Here is a photo of it:
http://i.imgur.com/eBJeAvc.jpg
It can be due to post inflammatory hypopigmentation. Post inflammatory hypopigmentation is very difficult to treat but sometimes it goes away on its own after exposure to the sun. Moreover the skin of glans (glands) is so sensitive that it is advisable not to use anything on it.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers