Wrinkled/Scaly/Shriveled Skin on glans of penis
Hi there,

For the past year and a half I have been suffering from scaly wrinkled looking skin on the exposed part of the head of the glans, the lips of the urethra opening look almost a little swollen and slightly chapped like when your lips chap.

I have been to the doctors and to the derm who both played the issue down and said it might be eczema and I have been prescibed, canasten, hydrocortizone and eumovate cream, none of which have made any difference..

I caught Chlamydia about a year and a half ago and can only remember this problem occuring after this.. could it be an effect of the anti bitotics used to treat the chlamydia or the infection itself?

Ive been tested several times since and am clean of any stds.

At the moment I am just putting vaseline on which masks the problem but is obviously not solving it.. (the skin may be dry/flakey if I didnt put vaseline on)

Any help appreciated
Chlamydia infection can cause white discharge or pain and burning during micturition but it is not related to wrinkled skin of the penis.The possibilities that are coming to my mind that needs evaluation are eczema,lichen sclerosis and psoriasis.

I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and get a biopsy of the skin done to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Thanks for the fast reply! I will book an appointment with my gp next week. He did mention a biop the first time I went to see him. Seems a bit drastic taking a piece of my penis to find out the skin condition! But I suppose it has to be done..

If it was eczema surely the hydrocortizone would have helped the problem?

Looking at google images I'd say it was deffinetly not lichen sclerosis.. possibly psoriasis, but if so a very mild case of..

Out of interest how would lichen sclerosis and psoriasis be treated? Creams also?

Thanks again
Lichen sclerosis usually treated with application of potent steroids, which may cause relief and prevent scarring. Other options are cryotherapy, and laser therapy.

Psoriasis is a long-term (chronic) skin problem that causes skin cells to grow too quickly, resulting in thick, white, silvery, or red patches of skin.Treatment is by topical treatment like coal tar, dithranol (anthralin), corticosteroids and PUVA(Psoralen and ultraviolet A phototherapy) and systemic treatments of methotrexate, cyclosporine and retinoids

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Hi Kindd,

I have still not had a chance to get in to see my GP.

I have attatched some links to images of the affected skin, would it be possible to take a look and let me know if this is a condition you are familiar with?

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu335/casio09_photos/DSC_0003.jpg
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu335/casio09_photos/DSC_0006.jpg
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu335/casio09_photos/DSC_0002.jpg
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu335/casio09_photos/DSC_0004.jpg

Much appreciated,

Reagrds.
From the pictures,it looks like balanitis esp Zoo’s balanitis. Zoon's balanitis appears as a bright red, shiny-surfaced plaque on the glans or inner surface of the foreskin. It is usually painless but may be accompanied by itching. The cause is unknown and it is usually harmless. It may respond to application of steroid cream, but frequently recurs.

I would suggest a dermatologist’s consultation for this.

Hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Thanks very much for the fast response, I may be able to tell my GP what I think it is now :)
I finally got a chance to go to my GP. I took him the photos and he was still convinced it was some form of exzema. He instrcuted me to use eumovate for two weeks twice daily and return after that if there is no improvement..
I used the Eumovate twice daily for 2 weeks, whilst the symtoms did seem to improve, they never went away - After stopping using it for 3 days the symtoms were exactly the same as before :(
I am fourteen and often masturbate, yesterday I noticed a burning sensation while masturbating. And after ejaculation. And my penis returned to a limp state, I noticed all of my penis was red and burning except the tip of my penis was an extreme white. It hurts for the surface of my penis to touch anything including clothes and the pain is so great that while sitting in class, my penis touching my briefs makes me cry. Please help.
Did you ever find out what this is?