Wrinkly hands

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Wrinkly hands

I have experienced the same thing. This is new for me too. I thought maybe it was because I wasn't drinking enough water perhaps. My hands get really wrinkly after a shower and doing dishes. To the point where they hurt. And the pores do look larger. They never get smaller, just in the center of my hand. As I sweat through the day or if I grip something for more than five minutes they get wrinkly again. Never noticed this before. Don't think it's an infection though. Anybody hear anything yet?

This discussion is related to Puffy Skin on Palms of Hands..
I also have a problem with wrinkly hands, which began getting wrinkled some several months after I caught a respiratory / stomach virus. These hand wrinkles are different to normal aging wrinkles: they appeared quite fast, and are very fine textured, with a blotchy skin quality as well.. The wrinkles appeared on my tops of hands first, and this is still the main place they show, but they also began appearing noticeably all over my body.

If this sounds similar to the condition you have, further info is here:

http://chronicsorethroat.wordpress.com/

I hope this helps.

yes yes yes...
i've had the same issue for probably the last 2-3 years, though on and off.  it comes back every 6 months or so.  i dont know what it is, a fungi?!?  its the same thing everyone has been posting in regards too.  so bad that i really cant even hold a cold drink cause the condensation would cause my hands to wrinkle!  It also has made me leave my bartending job, cause my hands were always wet, and when this kicks in, its not fun and does cause pain.  No one here seems to know what were talking about and recommends seeing an actual physician... i'll be sure to take some pictures next time i get a case of it going on.  when it does act up, i just scrub the skin with a scourering* pad, and be done with it.   crazyness i tell you.
I had this exact same condition on my palms, and so did my little sister. The solution is simple!! I did some research and found out that Drysol (typically used under the arms as an anti-persperant) works to get rid of this. You can find it at any drugstore...and fyi if you have very sweaty underarms it's a miracle drug. Just apply Drysol to your palms before bed, and within a day or two the condition should clear up! I did this and told my sister to as well and we haven't had a problem since. No idea why it works but it does!