Xanthaelasma? Cholesterol bumps
I have these really unattractive bumps around my eyes and have been told they are cholesterol deposits. I started to develop them at 16 and as I've gotten older they have gotten larger.  I saw a dermatologist who told me there was nothing that I can do about them.  I understand that you can have them removed by various methods such as surgical, cryotherapy, argon and co2 laser ablation to chemical cauterizations.  I have been checked for high cholesterol and it always comes back normal.  

I have also heard that these bumps come back, but I'm curious how long they generally take to regrow and if any of the removal methods are more effective and prevent the regrowth of these unsightly bumps.

Without examination confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it sounds like xanthalesma. Xanthalesma / Xanthomas are deposits of fat/cholesterol in the eye lid. Possible causes are raised cholesterol, hyperlipidaemia states, diabetes mellitus and obesity.

They cause no harm, but can increase in size producing cosmetic blemish. The only treatment is removal by surgery with/without skin grafting (depending on the size of the lesion) or use of laser (CO2 Laser). I sincerely advice you to consult a dermatologist and discuss it with him.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Kind regards.