Yeast infection back and forth?:
Is it possible for a man and woman to "pass a yeast infection" back and forth?

My wife had a yeast infection. She used Monistat-7 and her symptoms went away. We had sex. The next day (and for about 5 days after) the glans (head) of my penis and the frenulum area (under the ridge of the glans) had a red rash that was mildly itchy and rather sensitive.  It went away on its own. We had sex again, and a few days later my wife had symptoms of her yeast infection back.

I wonder if perhaps we are maintaining the problem and passing it back and forth to each other.

Any good information would be appreciated, but please do not just speculate and give "it sounds like" advice. I want real information, not just opinions.

Thank you!

to share some maybe useful info.....i heard from a doctor herself that yeast infections CAN be passed back n forth between lovers if both male and female dont get treated for it.  i believe it is just pills for men but women have a cream...(or pill form)  Probably like a week and a half of no sex to clear it up im guessing.....good luck....   :>
Yes it is possible for a fungal infection to be transmitted back and forth while having sexual intercourse. In such cases both the partners need to be treated by topical and oral antifungals. Please get it evaluated from a doctor and get them prescribed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.