a single reoccurring red bump on the bend of my finger

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

hi, i have a bit of a concern. on my left hand i have what appears to be a small blister but it does not finish forming. i have had the same thing in the past and they never finish and come to the surface. right now it is as bad as it gets. it appears as redness in the bend of my finger, and you can feel a bump under the skin. it does itch a little and it feels a bit sore but i don't know what to make of this
It can be a myxoid cyst or a herpetic whitlow blister. Herpetic whitlow is a painful viral infection occurring on the fingers or around the fingernails. Herpetic whitlow is caused by infection with the herpes simplex virus (HSV). Myxoid cyst is a growth usually occurring on the finger. These cysts are believed to form from deteriorated tissues.

To confirm the diagnosis you need to get it checked by a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.