abscess on my pubic area
by jaisannie, Nov 23, 2009
i'm getting abscesses on pubic region. They are extremely painful.. this is the first time that i'm getting them.
what best can i do to get rid of them as soon as possible??

This discussion is related to Bumps In Pubic Area.
Related Discussions
Member Comments (5)
by Simpleman74, Nov 23, 2009
Find out what it is and get it treated for what it is. That is the best way to get rid of it fast. Unless it is herpes or something.
You need to go get a culture test on that thing ASAP
by Simpleman74, Nov 23, 2009
Any clinics in your area? They know STD's very well.  A KVCAP of place where they deal with that sort of thing all the time.
Really painful, could be an ingrown hairs from shaving to close all the way up to herpes for all anyone here will know from what you say there. Not enough info and no pic.
Are they pus filled?
Like a pimple with a whitehead on it?
If some are and some aren't, are the ones with a white tip more sore?
Itch any? How much?
How long does it take from time of birth to get to a whitehead. Etc...
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, Nov 24, 2009
Since you have not mentioned any sexual history, so it can be boils or STD’s like herpes. Boil is a localized infection deep in the skin. A boil starts as a reddened, tender area which  becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus which can be surgically opened or spontaneously drain out through the surface of the skin.

Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean. Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Plaese consult a dermatologist in that case.
I sincerely hope it helps. Take care and please do keep us posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

by velvettt, Aug 19, 2010
Hay iv got something similar. On my pubic area iv got this massive boil or pimple thing. I've been getting it for a while now I would pop it and drain it of the pus and then it will come back somewhere else on my pubic area. I know that I don't hav an std because I was tested for all std's and sti's. Please help I don't know how to get rid of this thing , its really embarrasing , I'm to shy to talk about it to my parents and go to a doctor..
by kris0212, Aug 19, 2010
I have had that before and was told it was a boil and can be caused by shaving with a dull blade.  I was treated by soaking in hot baths until the boil came to a head and popped and then i just treated it with neosporin until healed.