acne after waxing

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

acne after waxing

i waxed my arms and a week later i started getting pimples all over where i waxed ..i went to the doctor and it still didnt take off .. now i have some pimples but i have alot of brown spots?
why did the waxing do this?
is it because i have sensitive skin?
it's been over 3 months and i still have them and im embrased of them and it is summer time .. so what should i do?
These small bumps are due to folliculitis after waxing. Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.
When you are waxing, apply wax in the direction of hair growth and wax should be tolerably hot.Then try to wax the hair out in a single strip as multiple strips may injure the skin more.After waxing apply ice(wrapped in a towel) and some calamine lotion on the skin which helps in soothing.You can also take some over the counter anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen after waxing.

However, the best method of painless hair removal is by laser treatment. I would advise you to consult a dermatologist/cosmetologist and discuss this option with him. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.