acne scars and v beam

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

acne scars and v beam

I have many very noticeable acne scars on my face that have been there for years now. My dermatologist told me that after one or two treatments with the v beam that is would correct this but i've gone for two already and to be honest i see almost no difference at all. ive seen pictures on the internet of people much worse than me and i'm wondering why i havnt seen results yet. after the first treatment my dermatologist told me that i had to wait 4--6 weeks to see the maximum results but i literally did not see anything so i came back and she said she would "higher the intensity" this time. its the day after and i still see practically no difference. still very noticeable red marks everywhere. is she not using the right intensity or does it just take more than 2 times?
The Vbeam produces a laser light that can be absorbed by the red pigment in the skin. The Vbeam laser works in combination with the Cool Touch laser and with a substance called Levulan. While the Vbeam laser removes red from acne scar tissue, the Cool Touch laser tightens the skin from the inside out. But this requires more than two sittings to take effect. So you should follow up with your cosmetologist and get it done in multiple sittings.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

does hydroquinone cream work on red acne scars or just dark spot?
Hydroquinone is used as a topical application in skin whitening to reduce the color of skin. FDA has banned this substance in 2006 and the FDA has stated that hydroquinone cannot be ruled out as a potential carcinogen. It can be used in both acne scars and old spots on the skin.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.