Dermatology Expert Forum
allergy to body wash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

allergy to body wash

Hi all, this is a little embarassing but I need some help. I masturbate a couple of times a week. I usually use a fleshlight with some lube, and for lube I have been using conditioner from hair dye packages after I dye my hair. About 3 of nights ago I ran out and used Axe Phoenix scented body wash as a substitute.. well I began to notice slight burning sensation and when I was finished I went to sleep.

The next day I awoke and took a shower, but when I stepped out I noticed my penis and scrotum were very red compared to the rest of my body. It wasn't how it normally looks.. but I didn't think much of it. Well I did the same thing the following next night and experienced the same slight burning sensation ignored it. Again I went to sleep, but when I awoke the next morning I noticed not only was everything still red, but now my skin was very wrinkly and dry...

I've been using vaseline aloe lotion for a day now to help things and it helps moisturize the skin but I am worried if I should get more medical attention for this or what?

Thanks for your help. I dont want to lose sleep over this :)
Nothing to lose sleep over.  You're describing both the cause and effect of skin irritation.  Use better lubrication and don't look at your penis too closely.  Ignore the burning sensation.  If symptoms continue to bother you, show a doctor.  Nothing to be ashamed of--that's what we doctors do.....

Best.

Dr. Rockoff