anal skin tags

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

anal skin tags

hi
i had my op yesterday to remove  a anal skin tag
i just wanted to let antone know who was reading this and has one that i was terrifed after reading some stories on here and nearly didnt go through with it, anyway i did and im in no pain whatsoever dont even feel like iv had surgery so ont be scared everyone is different . im just so glad i had it done at last
Avatar n tn
Hey, what's the reason to remove an anal skin tag? I have no idea!

If the skin tag is causing pain, discomfort etc it can be surgically removed.

Surgery is rarely needed for most infants and children with an acute anal fissure. Some fissures may take as long as 8 weeks to resolve with conservative management. Again, be mindful that if the fissure has not healed following medical therapy, the diagnosis may be in question, and an examination under anesthesia is warranted. If the fissure persists despite medical management, the operative procedure in children and infants is an open lateral internal sphincterotomy.

http://www.emedicine.com/ped/TOPIC2938.HTM

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.