ankle rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

ankle rash

I have a rash on my ankles that wont't go away. It flares up at certain times of the day and night and itches like crazy. I scratch it raw and use everything over the counter and it wont go away. when it flares up it creates little blisters while it is itching and then it stops all oif the sudden,as fast as it came. whnat can i do?
I have the exact same problem, its driving me crazy. Its around my sock line on my left foot but sometimes also appears on my right, there are small red bumps and the skin feels very think. Its very itchy and when I itch it it seems to get kind of sticky like there is sap on it. The bumps are always red. A doctor once give me Nystatin to get rid of it which I thought it did. But this time I've been using Nystatin on and off for a month and it still isnt going away! Please someone help as it is very frustrating and annoying ot have your ankle itch like it has poison ivy everyday.
Hi!  I saw the info about your rash and I was wondering if you've ever gotten any sort of diagnosis.

I have a similar problem.  At night, or whenever I get hot, I seem to get this bright red rash on my ankle - just my right one, really.  My left foot is rarely affected.  The bright red rash is only somewhat itchy, but after about a day, it fades and looks a bit like old sunburn at that point.  I often get a darkening of the skin in the area, almost like a tan.  I have noticed my skin becoming more sensitive as I get older.  I wonder if it's a sort of heat rash.  Do you think that might be what yours is??

Jen A

Ankle rash could be caused due to various reasons including - dermatitis, dry skin, eczema, heat rash or sweat dermatitis, uncomfortable footwear, etc.

It is important to wear lose comfortable footwear and maintain good personal hygiene. Use a powder to avoid sweat collection and apply calamine lotion at the sites of the lesion.

You could take oral antihistamine or antiallergic medications for the itching. Apply calamine lotion at the sites.

You would probably need antibacterial and antifungal local application medications and a course of antibiotics if the lesion does not resolve.

Consult your doctor for a clinical examination. Do get your blood sugar checked too.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.
hi i wonder what happen to you rash? did you figureit out?
I have the same kind of extremely itchy sticky rash. Did you find a solution or diagnosis? This rash is driving me crazy...
I have found the best solution is to apply apple cider vinegar religiously...even when the rash is not present.  It keeps the skin alkaline and creates an unfriendly environment.