armpit irritation

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

armpit irritation

I've recently developed itchiness under both my arms...I've had this for about a month.  I did switch deoderant when it started so i switched back to the stuff i always used  but it hasnt improved.  At first it just itched like crazy....now it itches and burns.  The area is all red and blotchy.  the rash is only under my arms and hasnt spread anywhere else....i've noticed that the rash seems to be wet (almost like i have scratched it too much and the skin is open)  i looked up armpit irritation and the first thing that popped up was scabies...i looked at pictures of scabies however and my rash doesnt resemble it, and like i said...the rash hasnt spread anywhere else.  Could this be from my deoderant?  and what should or could i do to stop it.  It is becoming unbarable....it just itches and burns and feels very dry...and like i said it is just red and blotchy.  It is also swollen a little bit....it makes my armpit look like it has rolls.  can anyone help??
I am having almost the same exact problem with my armpits.

It isn't my whole armpit that itches, either, and when it does that part of my armpit has what looks like a raised red line- it isn't really a bump it is more long and thin.

Did you find any thing out for yours??
I have the same problem. It started out as itchy redness in the centre of my armpits then I scratched it and it spread almost in a perfect circle out of my armpits and down my arms and across my chest. I too experienced little red bumps with tiny whiteheads in the centre, like mini zits. They were super itchy! I also experienced the wetness that you're talking about, after scratching it till it was raw.

My regular doctor prescribed Clotrimaderm cream which didn't help at all. She said it was fungal. I saw a different doctor and he told me that I was suffering from an "acidic" condition in the body. He suggested a change in diet that would make my body more "alkaline". I changed my diet and the rash went away. I cut the following foods out:

sugar (including fruit sugar), tomatos, dairy, potatos, white rice, white flour, sweet peppers, deep fried foods, coffee, alcohol

When I began reintroducing these foods back in, the rash came back. Right now it's just contained to my armpits and days after I eat dairy especially it begins to spread and the little bumps form.

If you end up trying this diet please let me know if it works for you so I can tell my regular doctor who doesn't believe the rash responds to change in diet.
From the symptoms it sounds like contact dermatitis . Irritant dermatitis, the most common type of contact dermatitis, involves inflammation resulting from contact with acids, alkaline materials such as soaps and detergents, cosmetics, or other chemicals.

Avoid using any lotions and creams over the skin for the meantime. Wash the skin with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat it dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.

If the irritation persists then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.
I have the same thing going on under my right arm pit. Ive scratched it so much it has actually spread all under my arm pit, and is off to the side of my right breast. To help ease the itch at night, I use a moisturizer, benadryl and powder to keep the area dry. I really need advice on how to get rid of it as I am very self concious about it due to the discolorization of the irritated area. Thank you.
I have the same problem but I'm getting knots under my arm as well going down into my left breast it's very uncomfortable it's starting to go to my right armpit as well iv tried everything.