Dermatology Community
armpit problem
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

armpit problem

hi,
about a year ago I noticed a lump in my right armpit,
also before I noticed it , I had a clumsy little fall & had a big cut on my ankle & got a abscess near it.
I admit I didn't treat the area well.
I went to check it out at the doctor ( the armpit boil ) , and he said it was a boil & put me on antibiotics.
It didn't really help, I don't think I followed the guidelines right.
that one drained soon after.
Anyway, I became pregnant short after, and the armpit worsened, it got more lumps that didn't drain, they were red & sore to the touch, they went away & left a few dark scars.
after a while, my right armpit was cleared & no more problems happened,
now it's my left armpit, I have about 10 little red bumps with white heads randomly ( not in a big bunch ) just scattered.
Also a few smaller skin colored bumps closer together.
& a what looks like a red patch right where the hair grows, probably from scratching.
I've stopped using deodorant for a long time now, & shaving =S . ( I feel like a man )
I'm really desperate for answers, I've looked on the net, & theres a lot about staph infections, hidradentis suparitiva , boils ect . But nothing like this seems to fit what I have.

Also , while I was pregnant I started getting little red bumps on my legs, thighs & arms .
Their mostly gone now , they didn't really have whiteheads but they were itchy.
maybe it was just from pregnancy.

& a bump on my pubic area, close to the opening, it's painful to the touch, I've had it for over a month, the doc said it was just folliculitis . she squeezed it & it  and a day after it got extremley worse, then over a couple of weeks it sort of started getting smaller, then unnoticeable but still there , now its back same spot & everything. & i have a bump on my butt cheek . it looked like a pimple at first it stuck out & looked pink , now its dark brown & not raised or anything but if you push hard on it you can feel like a lump deep under the skin. also a few around it , but their not the same their just little itchy red bumps , that go away not long after they appear.
would those have anything to do with the armpit? my boyfriend has armpit problems , but it looks bigger & different to mine.

oh God please help !!! i'm really sick of the scars & discomfort.
I'd love more than anything to feel normal again , and be able to wear singlets in the summer time :(:(:(:(
& I've just had my baby , & I'd hate for her to get something off me.

thanks