armpit problem

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

armpit problem

hi,
about a year ago I noticed a lump in my right armpit,
also before I noticed it , I had a clumsy little fall & had a big cut on my ankle & got a abscess near it.
I admit I didn't treat the area well.
I went to check it out at the doctor ( the armpit boil ) , and he said it was a boil & put me on antibiotics.
It didn't really help, I don't think I followed the guidelines right.
that one drained soon after.
Anyway, I became pregnant short after, and the armpit worsened, it got more lumps that didn't drain, they were red & sore to the touch, they went away & left a few dark scars.
after a while, my right armpit was cleared & no more problems happened,
now it's my left armpit, I have about 10 little red bumps with white heads randomly ( not in a big bunch ) just scattered.
Also a few smaller skin colored bumps closer together.
& a what looks like a red patch right where the hair grows, probably from scratching.
I've stopped using deodorant for a long time now, & shaving =S . ( I feel like a man )
I'm really desperate for answers, I've looked on the net, & theres a lot about staph infections, hidradentis suparitiva , boils ect . But nothing like this seems to fit what I have.

Also , while I was pregnant I started getting little red bumps on my legs, thighs & arms .
Their mostly gone now , they didn't really have whiteheads but they were itchy.
maybe it was just from pregnancy.

& a bump on my pubic area, close to the opening, it's painful to the touch, I've had it for over a month, the doc said it was just folliculitis . she squeezed it & it  and a day after it got extremley worse, then over a couple of weeks it sort of started getting smaller, then unnoticeable but still there , now its back same spot & everything. & i have a bump on my butt cheek . it looked like a pimple at first it stuck out & looked pink , now its dark brown & not raised or anything but if you push hard on it you can feel like a lump deep under the skin. also a few around it , but their not the same their just little itchy red bumps , that go away not long after they appear.
would those have anything to do with the armpit? my boyfriend has armpit problems , but it looks bigger & different to mine.

oh God please help !!! i'm really sick of the scars & discomfort.
I'd love more than anything to feel normal again , and be able to wear singlets in the summer time :(:(:(:(
& I've just had my baby , & I'd hate for her to get something off me.

thanks
From the symptoms it sounds like folliculitis and boils. Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. Apply warm compresses on the bumps and keep the area clean.Drainage of the bump is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head.Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.If there are recurrent boils,then pls get your blood sugar levels estimated.

If the symptoms persist in the armpit,then get hidradenitis suppurativa ruled out. Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.