Aa
A
A
Close
back side
About 3 years ago I developed a rash around my anus, red, intense heat, and itching.  The skin gets so red it eventually cracks open.  I have now visited two doctors and four dermatologists to date.  I have tried everything with no relief.  Derm #1 said I will have this the rest of my life don't wipe too much, here's some cream.,  Doc #1 thought it may be allergies which I was tested and cut all out of my diet with no relief.  Doc #2 though maybe an infection and prescribed anti-biotics which did nothing.  Derm #2 could not explain what was happening but gave me creams that would get rid of it, but it would just come back.  Derm #3 thought possibly a gluten intolerance.  It seems now that if I cut out white breads it improves but does not go away.  I feel like I have cut everything out of my diet, and I am tired of giving these doctors my money with absolutely no results.

Anyone with any advice or solutions would be making my every day better.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1699033 tn?1443113373
What did Derm #2 give you in cream form that worked while you were using it?  What was the cream treating?  Fungal infection?  Also is the area small, basically right around your anus or is the area larger, say as large as a toilet paper wad?  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
The cream was an steroid cream to calm the skin.  He said put it on for two weeks and then stop.  About a week after I stop it would just come back.  Went back to the doc today and they just run me in circles.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Area is very large.  About 2" of inflamed red skin around anus.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
Top Dermatology Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577
Blank