baseball size lump
i woke up the other morning with a pain in my left butt cheek like a bruse i thougt my be i hit my self the day before and didnt notice but now its a lump under the skin about the size of a baseball and its really painful to sit there is no redness, brusing, just swelling what cold it be.

They seem like boils or furuncle. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. Hair follicles that are blocked by greasy creams, petroleum jelly, or similar products are more vulnerable to infection. Bacterial skin infections can be spread by shared cosmetics or washcloths, close human contact, or by contact with pus from a boil or carbuncle.

Boil on buttocks is usually due to plugged sweat glands that become infected or by an ingrown hair.

Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean.Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head.Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.If there are recurrent boils,then pls get your blood sugar levels estimated.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional dobts.Kind regards.