Dermatology Community
benign mole grows back
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

benign mole grows back

I had a few moles removed a couple months back. They came back benign,however they grew back almost immediatly only this time they grew back flat. If the origional mole came back benign, should i be worried about these new ones? they're lightly pink around the edges which i assume was because they were new.  Any advice is appreciated, thanks :)

This discussion is related to Suspicious Moles.
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
It is very common for the moles to regrow at the excision site shortly after removal or years later.  The mole cells below the cut surface of the removal site can also cause re-pigmentation of the removal site to a shade much darker than that of the removed mole. This is more common in young and after shave excision of the mole. For this excision of moles with the skin underlying them is sometimes recommended.  This technique is often referred to as elliptical mole excision.

You can discuss this treatment option with your dermatologist. Also look out for any changes in the mole. If you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank