best option to remove a facial cyst?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

best option to remove a facial cyst?

hello,

i have a rather large cyst growing underneath my skin on my upper right cheek area, right beneath the ear.  it started off as a small lump, so i originally through it was a pimple, but it has grown in size over the years and now is much larger.  i went to a dermatologist to look at it and she confirmed it was a cyst, and that it could be removed by lancing.  I also had another smaller cyst growing under my skin on my neck, which the dermatologist removed in one session and has left a scar, although the scar has faded somewhat since the procedure.  

I am thinking of having surgery to remove this larger cyst on my cheek (it is about the size of a quarter when i feel it out), but am unsure if I should leave this up to a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon to remove.  I am concerned that since this cyst is so much larger, that the incision will be larger too and will leave a very noticeable scar.  Plus, I feel that a plastic surgeon may be better trained to perform surgery while minimizing scar appearances.  

Which option would be a better choice to have this procedure done?  
You can get this cyst removed from a plastic surgeon and to minimize the scarring you can get plastic surgery or laser resurfacing done.  It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.