DERMATOLOGY
COMMUNITY
big pores on my nose
by theguy135, Oct 23, 2009
I have huge pores on my nose so if i squeezed my nose things would come out of the pores im not sure what they are but i can remove them with the biore strips from the store. Is there any way I can make my pores smaller because it starts to become annoying when i wake up and i can feel my nose all hard and stiff
Member Comments (2)
by sd1122, Oct 23, 2009
Pretty sure those are black heads you're describing. It's a different form of pimple essentially. The skin, oils, and everything has clogged the pores and stays there. I'm pretty sure the official advice isn't to "pop" them, but it works.

To prevent this, clean your face more often. However if you have a problem with acne this won't be the final solution to your problem.
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, Oct 23, 2009
The problem of enlarged pores on face or facial pores is commonly associated with excessive oiliness and acne. The excessive oiliness of the skin is in turn triggered by the hormonal changes in the body.

Large pores can be easily dealt with proper cleansing and frequent toning and moisturizing of the skin. Other treatments to consider include microdermabrasion, skin resurfacing lasers and chemical skin peels.

In my opinion you should discuss these treatment options with a cosmetologist/dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.