Dermatology Community
black dot on my lip
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

black dot on my lip

i have a black dot on my bottom lip since April 7th, 2009 and it all started that day where i had kissed a girl in the bright sun without realizing i had a minor cut wound on my bottom lip that didn't heal, later that night i saw a small lump on my lip over the cut, and i bit it off and now i have this black dot and idk what it is or if it can be treatable or not, please someone who knows the answer to my question help, because i fear i may be running out of time.
Tags: black dot
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
From the symptoms it does not sound like a herpes sore.It can be an oral melanocytic macule or a lentigo. It is a small, sharply circumscribed, pigmented macule surrounded by normal-appearing skin.
Cryosurgery using liquid nitrogen and laser are the main treatment modalities. I would recommend a dermatologist’s consultation for this.

I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.
Blank
hello, what is oral melanocytic macule and lentigo and do you much a laser lip surgery would cost?
Blank
hello, what is oral melanocytic macule and lentigo and do you know how much a laser lip surgery would cost?
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Oral melanotic macule is a non-cancerous (benign), dark spot found on the lips or inside the mouth. An oral melanotic macule found on the lip is sometimes called a labial melanotic macule.A biopsy has to be done and laser treatment is the main treatment option.A lentigo is generally considered a brown pigmented spot on the skin.

I am forwarding you a link thru which you can identify the conditions: http://www.visualdxhealth.com/adult/oralMelanoticMacule-treatments.htm

For the cost of laser treatment pls consult a cosmetologist or dermatologist.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Blank
hi, do u think i should get a blood test just in case?
Blank
hello, i visited my aunt's house and she could barely see the dot on my lip and i may be hallusinating, and a shallow dot is on my bottom lip but it can sometimes be seen from an angle. Also my rectum area has an on and off itch but i don't scratch it, could that be caused of paranoia, anxiety or a sign of gential (genital) herpes?
Blank
thank you so much for your information dr kaur.  I finally know what I might have on my lip. I have one question:  I noticed that I only got it after a herpes outbreak.  The herpes on my lip was from my girlfriend.  She seems like she has melanocytic macule or a lentigo.  Are these conditions contagious or are they the after effect of herpes outbreaks?
Blank
thank you so much for your information dr kaur.  I finally know what I might have on my lip. I have one question:  I noticed that I only got it after a herpes outbreak.  The herpes on my lip was from my girlfriend.  She seems like she has melanocytic macule or a lentigo.  Are these conditions contagious or are they the after effect of herpes outbreaks?
Blank
I HAVE A BLACK DOT ON MY LOWER LIP U COULD FEEL IT ,LIKE A PIMPLE. WHAT SHOULD I DO . IT FEEL LIKE A LUMP.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...