black eye bruising won't go away

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

black eye bruising won't go away

Three months ago, I got struck on the side of the head by a beer bottle.  This caused both of my eyes to swell bad.  As of today, one of my eyes still has slightly noticeable discoloration.  I've never seen a black eye take this long to go away.  Are there any creams I can buy to accelerate the healing process.
Tags: black eye

The blood under the skin which causes the discoloration of bruising should be totally reabsorbed by the body in three weeks or less.

In your case,as the symptoms are persisting for more than 3 months,so it may be due to formation of hematoma because of blood trapped in tissues.This blood may need to be drained. Less commonly, it may develop calcium deposits at the injury site in a process called heterotopic ossification.This is more serious.

I feel that you should consult a surgeon and take a second opinion from him.
Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.