black mole on tongue
I just found a pin-sized black mole on my tongue while brushing my teeth.  It's like one of my taste buds dark and round.  I'm pretty sure it's a mole and not food or anything.  It looks like any other mole you might find on your body.  I thought it was strange that moles could grow on tongues??  So I am wondering if this could be cancer?  I stupidly accidentally scratched it off with my toothbrush and now it's gone, so I can't go to the doctor and show him/her an empty red spot on my tongue.  I am facing a dilemma on whether I should still see a doctor about this!
It must have been a tongue papilla that has come off.Nothing to worry.
Are you sure?  It's just ONE small unusual mole.  I always thought if a mole shows up outta nowhere, it is something to be worried about.  I have recently been out in the sun and got sunburned (and I am very light skinned), so I think there is a connection.  I would like some other input please!
But moles do not come off like that.However you can get it clarified by your doc.