Dermatology Community
black mole on tongue
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

black mole on tongue

I just found a pin-sized black mole on my tongue while brushing my teeth.  It's like one of my taste buds dark and round.  I'm pretty sure it's a mole and not food or anything.  It looks like any other mole you might find on your body.  I thought it was strange that moles could grow on tongues??  So I am wondering if this could be cancer?  I stupidly accidentally scratched it off with my toothbrush and now it's gone, so I can't go to the doctor and show him/her an empty red spot on my tongue.  I am facing a dilemma on whether I should still see a doctor about this!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It must have been a tongue papilla that has come off.Nothing to worry.
Blank
Are you sure?  It's just ONE small unusual mole.  I always thought if a mole shows up outta nowhere, it is something to be worried about.  I have recently been out in the sun and got sunburned (and I am very light skinned), so I think there is a connection.  I would like some other input please!
Blank
But moles do not come off like that.However you can get it clarified by your doc.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank