black/purple raised bumps under armpit

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

black/purple raised bumps under armpit

For the first time in my 44 years of life, i have developed under my left armpit some bumps that are like raised moles and colored blackish purple.  They don't itch and I actually almost got rid of them when I washed my armpit with head and shoulders shampoo.
After not paying attention to them for about 3 weeks while I recovered from the flu, they were back and had spread even more under my armpit!
Could it be fungus, or cancer or what?

This discussion is related to Bumps unders arms and inner that turn into scabbed craters.

An underarm lump can be most probably due to an infective condition. You could have it due to shaving or waxing or using a deodarant. Underarm lump can be caused by viral infection, allergic reaction, a swollen lymph node or a benign tumor like lipoma. It can also be folliculitis due to shaving or waxing. Underarm lumps are axillary lymph nodes which could be enlarged secondary to infection or even trauma and in rare cases due to malignancy. They are usually enlarged when a new deodorant is used, after shaving or waxing the underarm area.

Wait for a few days and see if the lump resolves. If it persists consult your physician for a clinical evaluation.

Try some OTC painkillers for a few days. Try some warm compresses and wear lose comfortable cotton clothes.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.
Hi Ive had this rash that is blackish purple and it smells and itches I wash it everyday and I've changed deoterants and the I just stop wear deoterant all together and it didn't get any better and still is gross I just don't know what to do is there something I can take do I have to go to my doctors I don't know ...help?