black spots on forehead

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

black spots on forehead

Recently small black spots have appeared on my forehead.
Can you tell me what they might be?

Without examination,it is difficult to confirm a diagnosis,but from your description ,it looks like post inflammatory hyperpigmentation(the skin darkens because of an
overproduction of melanin (a pigment that occurs naturally in the
body) in reaction to inflammation) , liver spots(flat brown-black spots that usually occur in sun-exposed areas of the body. They are also called age spots and are unrelated to liver disease) , deficiency of calcium and vitamins A, E and B ,hormonal changes during pregnancy and addison’s disease or liver disease.

Decrease your exposure to the sun and apply a sunscreen with SPF of atleast 15 half an hour before going out in the sun.Also take multivitamins for some days and see if the symptoms improve.You can also use cosmetic skin bleaching creams.But it is advisable to use them under the supervision of your dermatologist.If the symptoms persist then it is important to rule out addison’s or liver disease.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any other queries.

recently went to a dermatoligist because of a rash on temple, after 6 months of light treatment brown spots appeared on the back of hands and forehead. How to get rid of them ?