bleeding blister
A few weeks ago I noticed a flesh colored bump on the second joint of my thumb just under the thumbprint. I thought that I might have a tiny splinter of metal or glass so I squeezed it and it began to bleed. Since then it keeps growing and looks like a blood blister and it won't stop bleeding. It has become very tender. What could it be?
Hi.

This may be a common wart. Skin colored bumps on the hands have the common warts as a differential.

Avoid touching or picking on the area as this may only cause further irritation. We do not want the area to be infected. How is the thumb now? Is the swelling and pain still present? If the symptoms are still present, then you may require oral antibiotics for this.

Keep the area dry and wash only with a mild cleanser. Do not apply any creams or lotions over the area until this has been assessed by your doctor.