bleeding flaky scalp
my niece is 4 year old. She has flaky scalp and those flakes become thicker and oozing with yellow fluid and sometimes bleeds. What should we do? What is it?

I cannot confirm anything without examination,but it can be due to seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky,dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas. You can treat flaking and dryness with over-the-counter dandruff or medicated shampoos. Shampoo the hair vigorously and frequently (preferably daily). Active ingredients in these shampoos include salicylic acid, coal tar, zinc, resorcin, ketoconazole, or selenium.

If the symptoms persist,then it would be best to get it confirmed from a dermatologist.Fungal infections,eczema and atopic dermatitis have to be ruled out in that case.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing and if you have any additional queries.