blister like itchy rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

blister like itchy rash

about 3 weeks ago a real itchy rash showed up under the crease of my butt. it itched like crazy. it started out as like 3 little bumps and turned into a cluster of of pimple like bumps. I doctored it really well with anti itch medicine. about a week later on the same leg, a new line of a rash came up. decided to go to the doctor, they gave me a decahedron shot and told me to come back if it was still there in the next couple days. the next day I woke up with 5 new spots that are now growing into clusters. i have 2 lines of this rash on my lower stomach and 2 small bumps on my upper stomach. i went back to the doctor and they are treating it as a fungal rash. well it's beginning to spread even more. I've come to the conclusion that it's appearing where I sweat. I have no clue what this is or how to make it go away. help please.
Hi-
Sounds like you need too go back to the doctor.
It might be an allergy type thing that is in your system?
I've had poison oak, mango-itis, latex allergy and they all manifested very much this way. I can't remember exactly but I think that I had to take anti histamines and use a steroids (when it was bed) for it to clear up. I would go back to the Doctor again. What a pain.
Horselip
It can be insect bite, hives, heat rash or an allergic reaction. If it is present on the trunk and there is significant pain then herpes zoster should be ruled out. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin and wear cotton clothes.  You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide). But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.