blister/wart on finger

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

blister/wart on finger

6287640?1288071417
About a month ago I had a little red dot under my skin. I assumed it was a splinter that I got under my skin.  I started trying to squeeze it out for the next few days but couldn't.  A week later it turned into a bulbous red growth on my finger. It hurts every time I rub it against something. It also bleeds often. I have begun bandaging it and putting antiseptic on it regularly but I am not noticing any decrease in size.   It is very unsightly and gross because when I leave it open there is a clear slime that develops on it. My job requires that I work with my hands and this has become a huge hinderance. Do you have any idea what this may be? Any tips on how to get rid of it?  Thank you in advance for your help. I have included a pic.
Today I poked it with a needle to see what was in it. It is very mushy and does not hurt when poked. It does hurt pretty bad at the base of the growth where it is connected to my skin but nowhere else. Do you guys think it would be okay to just try and rip it off and see what happens?  I am planning on going to the dermatologist next week for an appointment but until then, does anyone have any experience with something similar?
The first possibility is of a blood blister and the second possibility is of pyogenic granuloma. Blood blister is a type of blister that forms when subdermal tissues and blood vessels are damaged without piercing the skin.It is commonly found on hands. Elevate the hand, give rest to the part, apply cold compresses,soak the blister in Epsom sale and keep the hand bandaged so as to avoid its rupture. If the blister breaks, quickly rinse the area and apply an antiseptic such as neosporin. It is not recommended to break a blister because it may often lead to infection.

If the symptoms worsen or persist then please consult a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.