blisters on face?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

blisters on face?

Recently I have gotten blisters on my face. Just regular blisters, except for the fact that they pop very easily and after they've popped, the surrounding skin sometimes becomes a blister as well. It's not painful, just unsightly and annoying because the affected area keeps growing in circumference. What are they and what can I do to minimize the effected area?

These sound like pimples or acne. Acne is due to an overactivity and plugging of the oil glands. Acne usually lasts until age 20 or even 25. It is rare for acne to leave any scars unless picked.

Just keep you face clean by washing with a mild soap atleast twice a day.Pat it dry and do not rub it.Avoid picking or pressing the acne.You can also use Benzoyl peroxide 5% lotion or gel once at bedtime. An amount of lotion the size of a pea should be enough to cover most of your face. If your skin becomes red or peels, you are using too much of the medicine or applying it too often.If the symptoms persist then it is best to get it evaluated by a dermatologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.
it's not an acne-like blister. I don't break out and I have very good skin aside from this. I'll just wake up in the morning and discover a blister on my face - exactly like what I would get on my feet if I wore heels too long.
You're not alone, I have very clean skin, NEVER get zits (and at the age of 19 is saying something), and all the sudden I get this little blister on my chin. So, I try to be careful and NOT pop it but the skin got so thin that simply brushing it made it pop. Then, just as you said, more little blisters appeared around it! I prevented it from spreading further by popping all the blisters and swabbing them with rubbing alcohol & hydrogen peroxide, hope this is helpful to you…
i have the same thing!!!! it just popped up 2 days ago! what is it? how long did it last? how did you get it? and what can i do to treat it?
I have had the same thing for the last 2 months and it won't clear up.  It's on my chin by the corner of my mouth.  It pops easily like when I wash my face and the skin just wipe away.  It bedcomes a red sore that takes forever to heal.  Yesterday I thought it was going to heal, this morning it is red and starting to get another bump.  I am 48 years old, have a smooth complexion and have never had anything like this, even as a teen.  This is not acne.  Possibly a type of herpe.  I have cleaned the area with rubbing alcohol or peroxide and have put antibiotic ointment on it.  Still no success.  Most likely oral antibiotics are needed.  could this be due to a hormone imbalance ?  maybe nerves due to stress that triggered my outbreak.  
The blisters you are referring to is called a fever blister.  It usually appears on your cheeks or mouth when you are stressed. I have been suffering from this condition since I was 20 and only recently found a cure.  No matter what creams you use, it will always take 7 days before it goes away and then you are left with a scar.  The doctor perscribed a cream for my daughter because she had a rash on her leg.  I tried it on my face and the blisters and itching almost went away instantly.  The cream is called Hydrozole witch is a broad spectrum anti-fungal and anti-flammatory cream.  It contains 1% cortizone and 1% clotrimazole and you should only put a little bit onto the infected area.  Once applied, it will almost dissapear instantly.  After trying everything, this is the only cream that works. Hope I was able to help.
i have one on my nose it started out  normal bump then the next morning it was a blister what can i do to g et rid of it bc i am very self concussis bout my skin an everything people are buggin me bout it please explain to me what i can do to make it go away an how will it stay on my face
I went swimmin 3 days n a row n I got really sun burnt and my lips n face got sun burnt my lips were very dry n burnt day #4 I got this lil bump on the side of my cheek right side of face alil ways frm my mouth n that night went to sleep n woke up with a lil group of blister like bumps itgs been 3 days n(w they kinda grew together they kinda itch and seem to have this hot feelin to them but are not gettin better what is this can someone help me please
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers