blisters on hands, thighs, legs, belly

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

blisters on hands, thighs, legs, belly

I have a history of eczema, in the past, it was just a few dry ares on my legs. Early this year, I started getting small blisters on my hands and bumps on my thighs, legs, belly and arms. The dermatologist did a biopsy and ruled out scabies, but gave a cream for it just in case. I took two separate steroid cycles and after just completing the second one I've had the worst outbreak to date (blisters on hands, itchy bumps all over my arms, belly, thighs and legs). In desperation, I used the scabies cream which made it much worse. The dermatologist seems baffled and told me to see an allergist. The outbreak came after a weekend of heavy drinking, not sure if I've developed an allergy to beer, but it's been an ongoing problem all year so I kind of doubt it. Does this sound familiar to anyone and does anyone have advice?
The biopsy report ruled out scabies but it should have given some diagnosis also. Since the rash has been persisting for one year, hence I suggest you to get a repeat biopsy done as it is the only confirmatory test for diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Thank you for the response. I saw my primary doctor and he is sending me to a new dermatologist to get another biopsy. Hopefully they can finally get to the bottom of this.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers