blisters on right thumb

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

blisters on right thumb

I woke up this morning to about 7 small blisters on the ouside of my right thumb. They are all grouped together and hurt only if I touch them. I remember getting these when I was much younger and I belive they were always in this same place. I haven't had them in probably 5 years. If it's the same thing they are going to be filled with some kind of liquid. I remember poping them. 1.)I'd like to know what this is? 2.)What can be done to get rid of them? I am also under an unusual amount of stress and sick (strep throat I think) 3.)would this have anything to do with these blisters? Thanks for the help!

'Blisters are most common on the hands and feet, as these extremities are susceptible while walking, running, or performing repetitive motions. Blisters form more easily on moist skin than on dry or soaked skin, and are more common in warm conditions.

Short periods of intense rubbing can cause a blister, but any rubbing of the skin at all can cause a blister if it is continued for long enough.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blister

To avoid blisters on the hands, gloves should be worn when using tools such as a shovel or pickaxe, doing manual work such as gardening, and handling detergents, cleaning products, solvents and other chemicals.

A lubricant, typically talcum powder, can be used to reduce friction between skin and apparel. People put talcum powder inside gloves or shoes for this purpose.

Sunscreen and sun protection should also be used during the hottest part of the day to avoid blisters from sunburn, and moisturizing, after-sun or calamine lotions can help to ease discomfort.'

You should consult your doctor for a clinical examination and to find out the cause of the lesion in your case.

Let us know if you need any further information.

Regards.