blisters on toes. is it athlete's foot?
hi all. I have been battling this awful itch for a year now. On my pinky toe and the web between blisters are continually appearing. It spread to the toe next to it. Blisters have increased. They are small fluid filled bubbles. I went to a foot specialist and he said it was athlete's foot and was prescribed econazole nitrate cream for it but I have put it on for a month now and they are still there. I am beginning to doubt if it is athlete's foot. Do athlete's foot usually have this many blisters? or do I have something else? I don't want to waste anymore money if it is a misdiagnose.
One possibility for your symptoms is contact dermatitis. The other possibility is of pompholyx. Pompholyx is also called dyshidrotic eczema. It is characterized by a sudden onset of many deep-seated pruritic, clear vesicles which itch and then peel off. As a result the skin may also fissure.
I suggest you to get a KOH examination of the skin scrapings done to confirm the diagnosis. If it comes positive then antifungals may be needed.

I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.