blisters
My 15 y/o daughter has blisters on her bottom lip that are sore; She also has lip discoloration on the bottom lip where it has turned black and bumps are forming around the sides of her mouth; Does anyone know what this might be?
These blisters can be due to herpes blisters or canker sores. Canker sores are small shallow ulcers that appear in the mouth and often make eating and talking uncomfortable.
Unlike canker sores, cold sores or herpes sores are caused by a virus and are extremely contagious. Also, cold sores typically appear outside the mouth – usually, under the nose, around the lips, or under the chin while canker sores occur inside the mouth.
Pain from a canker sore generally lessens in a few days and the sores usually heal without treatment in about a week or two. Avoid spicy or acidic foods during this time.

But if the sores last for more than 3 wks or start spreading then pls consult a dermatologist. In that case herpes simplex I has to be ruled out.

I hope that helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.